Nowadays, we have many Job profiles in Product Development Companies that require somewhere around all-rounder profiles for System Admins. For that they require Network, Windows, ESX, IIS etc. experts to handle there day-to-day work. So, below are some basic Interview questions specifically for the System Admins working for Product Developments companies where they need to interact with Developers, Tester and DBA:
- What is RODC?
- Differences b/w Conditional Forwarding and Stub Zones.
- What is GPT and GPC?
- Which DNS record is required for Replication?
- What contain system state backup?
- What is Majority Node Set?
- Types of Clusters?
- Different types of Quorum in Windows server 2008?
- Can we install Failover cluster on two different subnets?
- What is NPS?
- What is 802.1x authentication
Internet Information Service
- What is the role of HTTP.sys?
- What are the different security settings available in Internet Information Service?
- How many SSL certificates can be used in Internet Information Service 7.5 for multiple sites?
- What is worker Process?
- What are the different data store multipathing methods available under ESX cluster?
- How many ESX nodes can be added in VMWare essential plus licensing?
- In what scenario we cannot expand attached HDD size of Virtual Machine in Vmware Cluster
- Can we have multiple Vlan under same Vswitch?